Read Matthew 27:57-61
These are fun rolls to make with your child and serve a dual purpose. Not only are you cooking together, but you are also teaching a Bible lesson. My boys loved making them and eating them!
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
1. Give each child a triangle of crescent rolls. The crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.
2. Give each child a marshmallow and tell them it represents Jesus who died on the cross for us.
3. Have them dip it in melted butter to represent the oils they anointed Jesus with.
4. Roll it in sugar and cinnamon to represent the spices they used.
5. Then wrap the marshmallow in a crescent roll just like they used the fine linen cloths.}
6. Put the wrapped Jesus in the tomb (oven at 350 degrees) for 3
days (12-15 minutes). When the rolls are cool enough, the children can
look inside and see that Jesus is not there – He is risen! (The marshmallow melts and the roll is puffed up, but empty). Do not undercook, as the rolls will sink and not be hollow.
7. Now read Matthew 28: 5-8