It’s great weather for baking. We have been inside, so I had somewhat of a baking day on Tuesday.
I made these for mini burgers. I think after having these I won’t want a store-bought one ever again! I will try wheat the next time. The boys enjoyed them today with PB and Grandma Jelly.
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1″ thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2″ rounds with inverted glass as a cutter or a mini biscuit cutter for smaller ones.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.