It has been a long couple of days.   Chad was out of town Monday through Wednesday late.  So a dear friend of mine and I spent a lot of time together.  Her man is working out of state until they move.  So we were happy to spend some time together.  So Tuesday evening we decided to get together again.  We had eight children to feed between the two of us, so were looking for a cheap place to go.  Fazolis…Tuesday 99 cents kids night it was!  We ended up with a much better deal there than we thought.  We had some good laughs about it and knew God had blessed.  We came back here to hang out together.  Then my mom called.

I knew it wasn’t good news.  I can always tell in the first sound of her voice.  She had a hard time telling me that my dad had received results back from an MRI done on his back.  He had a mass on the base of his spine that the doctors were concerned about…enough to get him a rushed appointment with the neurologist that next morning.  She was scared.  We were all scared, but knowing it was all in God’s hands.  I was so thankful Melanie was there with me to hear that kind of news.  We decided to make it a night.  She and her 5 kiddos stayed here with us.  It was sweet.

I love and appreciate my friends.  I really can say that I can count on them to be there when I call.

I called Chad and he said a prayer for me.  He reminded me that “all things work together for those that love the Lord.”  My momma and my daddy love the Lord, I said to myself.  Of course everything will work together.  God promises us that.

I have the assurance the friends all over the country are praying for me.  Friends and family near and far.  And I know it’s those prayers that hold me together.  Chad’s mom’s simple, yet valuable advice was, “Sarah, get into  your Bible.  Spend some time alone with God.”  I needed the reminder that He is where my strength comes from.  My Hope.

So Wednesday was a bit of a crazy day.  We were all super tired.  I was living on 3 hours of sleep.  I don’t live off of caffeine and now I see why!  I tried it and I don’t like it!  I got through my co-op class and then got a call from my mom.  She sounded so much better.  The neurologist said the mass looked benign, but they would get him into surgery to prevent any further damage.  This morning I found out that surgery will happen next Friday.  So I will continue to trust a mighty and faithful God.  And I will depend on the love, support and prayers of my friends.